Hi, In this blog we’ll be doing the full review for The mi 11x and I’ve been using this smartphone as my primary smartphone for the last two weeks. So I’ll give you my impressions what do I feel about this. We’ll divide it into two parts what did I like that’s The pros and what are the things and the online things that I noticed with this device. I’ll give you a broad summary before we start.

 Overall I would say it’s a very good smartphone for the price because of the processor that’s a snapdragon 870 but again there are some niggling issues. For example if you’re a business sort of a person and take a lot of calls then I would not recommend this. And even if you are expecting a lot with the camera feel, the camera is also a very average camera on this one.

  But apart from that overall it’s a nice device but if you want to find out more details about the exact pros and the exact cons continue reading.

Pros

1. Screen/Display

 what did I like with this device  is that xiaomi is actually using a 6.67Inch amoled screen on this. I have to say the amoled screen is actually good not bad. I did not have any issues with this even when I was watching videos and stuff even in low lighting. Yes if you completely close the rides and lower the brightness there is some Tinting. But in normal usage I did not find any issue. I now used it for about two weeks and screen is actually good. The only thing that I have about the screen is that xiaomi says that the peak brightness on this phone is 1300 nits. That’s pretty bright but i don’t know from where they’re getting that value. Definitely it’s not that super bright in fact outdoors when you go, yes it is visible I don’t say it’s not but it’s not that bright. I would say in outdoor it feels like a 800 or 850 nit screen. So for daily usage it’s fine but in terms of max brightness it’s not super bright.

The next thing is as it’s an ambulance screen I like the fact that this always works perfectly on this smartphone. I’ve been actually testing it mostly with this always on screen and that works very well.

2. Fingerprint sensor

Moving to the fingerprint scanner it’s this side mounted fingerprint scanner and I like this one it’s very responsive. Guys you can even customize some stuff with this. For example if you just double tap it I’ve configured it to open the flashlight so you can customize a little bit so that way it was nice.

Now I’m going to another small thing is that I feel the haptic vibration motor is calibrated pretty well on this device, In fact I like the haptic feedback that you get on this one.

3. In hand feel

Another small thing and this is important many reviewers miss this how is the phone in terms of in-hand feel ergonomics that we call and here I have to say Xiaomi has actually done a pretty good job I was not expecting that the phone is very comfortable to hold. The weight balance is done very well it does not feel that heavy. So in that area I would say they have done actually a pretty good job. Overall I like the build quality apart from one niggling issue I’ll talk about that later. So this mobile is very comfortable to hold in a hand and the weight balance has been done very well neither feels too light or too heavy.

4. Voice and sound quality

Next thing is regarding the call quality. The earpiece quality is very good on this one and also in terms of network reception. The network reception was very good . I have to say network reception was above average on this one and the earpiece is also good but there is a major con I’ll talk about that in the later. 

Next thing is regarding the speakers this one does have stereo speakers and I have to say the speakers are pretty loud. Another thing is the random MIUI bug sometimes the touch gets a little bit blue so there are some UI bugs with this. But overall speakers I would say pretty good and loud mostly I didn’t have to keep it at the maximum volume level .

5. Battery life

The next thing is regarding the battery life on this one. It has that 4500 milliamp hour battery like most other xiaomi phones and the battery life on this one is actually good. I was getting almost about one to one and a half days worth of battery life.

6. Wi-Fi quality

Regarding whiteboard L1 support it does support that and even has HDR 10. One small thing that I noticed with this device that you have to appreciate when things are good the WI-FI reception on this device is very good of course it supports Wi-Wi-Fi six. Here I have the intel Fiber so let’s run the speed test and see it is about 500. 

Another thing that I noticed is that the Wi-Fi calling is supported very well on this device. For example in this particular area the sim signal is almost nil every time and many calls just get kept if you don’t have proper Wi-Fi calling. But here even in this area using wi-fi calling I was able to get good calls. So Wi-Fi calling implementation has been done well on this smartphone.

7. Gaming experience

 The next thing is regarding gaming. I did play call of duty on this mobile. I played it for about 30 hard minutes. Guys it played fine, no issues but the back area was getting a little bit hot to touch. I would say hot is not to work pretty warm to touch with extended gaming .

These are the good things that I liked about the device. Let’s move to the cons and these might be our deal breakers for some of you.

Cons

1. Proximity sensor issue

 The biggest con that I have with this device in the past two weeks. I was frustrated about that one the most every day I felt like removing my sim and that was due to the proximity sensor. The proximity sensor issue is even present on this smartphone and if you take long calls more than five to six minutes you will be frustrated. Many times the screen gets clicked, it goes to mute etc and this was happening almost about ninety percent of the time on long calls. 

So that is some thing that really bugs me so if you’re a person who takes a lot of voice calls and long voice calls then I will not recommend you this phone. I don’t know if xiaomi can fix that with an update but as of now it’s a real issue on this smartphone. That’s the biggest deal breaker that I have with this one.

2. Volume Button play

 The next thing is overall the build quality is nice but the volume button has a lot of free play. I haven’t noticed such study quality even in mid-range smartphones so I don’t know what is xiaomi doing in terms of quality control. And I checked this with some other users it’s not just me. So this is something that I do not like even this power button has a slight play but it’s not as bad as the volume button. They should have put a little bit more attention because this is not a budget range android phone.



3. 5g Bands

Another thing that I do not like and this is a trend with most of the chinese smartphones in india claiming 5g. Here also they claim 5g but the 5g implementation is just two bands of 5g on this smartphone and that is very limiting. I would say don’t go for this smartphone specifically for 5g if it’s your highest criteria, I just want to be very frank about it.

4. Xiaomi UI

The next thing is in general usage it’s very snappy. t I like this new UI also on which xiaomi left you get the google pain and everything and I did not find any Ads also. So in that way it’s nice on this issue apart from that gets app and stuff (bloatware) which you can disable. Actually it is very nice but sometimes I do notice even with casual usage for example just using twitter and stuff the handset's back portion gets warm . For example today in the morning when I woke up and I picked up the phone, the phone was warm at the back I don’t know what the hell it was doing in the background. So these are some of the bugs with and once for example the UI everything is working and this actually got corrupted and I just rebooted it and got fixed so there are quite a bit of MIUI bugs present even on this smartphone.

 Another thing is there are some MI apps that you can’t uninstall. For example the MI security app and they take a lot of permission so this is something that I do not like.

The another biggest con is that MIUI stuff and I was expecting one more update to fix these bugs but I did not get any update. Just one update after I got the phone but after that no update when I checked. Even the security update is on april . I don’t know how fast they will give this android security updates.

5.   Ram Management

 One more bug which you know if you have used a xiaomi device. This is across most of the xiaomi devices the ram management and the ram management is again bad even on this phone. Many of the apps for example truecaller etc will be booted out of the memory. So don’t expect a great ram management. In fact once I got a WhatsApp message that they have emailed me and I told them I didn’t get any notification so when I opened Gmail then only the mail got downloaded so it is booting out quite a few apps. So if you rely on a particular app for notification it might just kill it . Also I noticed for example when you get sms and stuff you get it over on the screen so you can quickly reply it on floating window but even if you reply and send it many times though it says it’s sent but it simply gets lost. So there are bugs with MI UI present even on this smartphone .

6. Camera Quality

Lastly I completely forgot if we talk about the camera the rear camera is that 48 megapixel then eight megapixel is that ultra wide and you have even macro and front is 20 megapixel. when there is a lot of good light the camera performance is very good but when the lighting falls a little bit even in average lighting conditions I have to say the camera performance on this smartphone was simply not that good. In fact I would say if camera is your high priority then you will be disappointed. Even the Redmi note 10 pro series that’s for selling for about 16, 000 does a far better job in terms of camera compared to this phone. I have to say the camera performance is very very average on this smartphone.

Overall I like this phone but it is difficult to recommend it to everyone because the proximity sensor issue it was creating problem for me every day.